Smart ways to use sales letters
I have used all types of media from postcards to Money Mailer Coupons to get my message out to the masses. But, out of all of the media that I’m familiar with, I believe that the simple Sales Letter is the most reliable and powerful method of selling any product or service—whether offline or online.
By the way, I have yet to see what the “thing” is that can’t be sold with a sales letter. I believe everything can.
With this in mind, my advice is to always try to include sales letters in your marketing portfolio.
When doing direct-mail marketing, self-mailers and post cards can also be effective. But nothing beats a true letter that is written like a letter. It should look like a letter and be delivered like a letter in the mail.
Remember a flyer is not a sales letter.
Here are some smart ways to use Sales Letters.
- To introduce new products to existing customers
- To get prospects to call you
- To ask for referrals
- To directly sell services and products
- To generate publicity
- To sell seasonal promotions
- To sell out last year’s product, get it off the shelves and out of the warehouse.
- To create direct response advertising
- To sell subscriptions or memberships
- To introduce new services to existing customers/clients
- To create a multi step promotion program
What are your thoughts about using sales letters?