Frugal Ways to Market Your Business!
Every small business has a set budget that they use to market and build their business. Here are some cost-effective methods that will help you to get your new customers and grow your business.
- Everyone has a strip shopping center or mall near them. Wherever there is a grand opening, attend the opening and talk with the business owners and staff and hand out your business cards. Remember to have your Unique Selling Proposition stated clearly on the card to tell them how they will benefit by doing business with you. Even if it’s an established shopping center, do the same thing. Use this method to introduce yourself and your services to them. With the Banks I started, each time we opened a branch, I had our various staff members visit with all of the businesses within a 5-mile geographic area of the branch.
- Create flyers with your business information on it and place them at the grocery store, coffee shops, library, or other places people meet. Always carry them with you so that you never miss an opportunity to place them when you come across an opportunity to do so.
- There is a place called www.VistaPrint.com, where you can obtain free or low cost business cards. Make sure you add your USP, again to let everyone know how you can benefit them. While you are out running errands, drop off a business card at every business you see, such as Restaurants, Medical Professional Offices, Gyms and Health Clubs, Drycleaners, and even gas stations. You never know when someone will need what you have to offer.
- Getting back to # 2, you can do the same flyers with Door Knob Hangers. Go into neighborhoods and put the flyers on the doorknobs of the residents. You can even hire a high school student to do this as a part time job. I used this method also with the Banks I started. It is very cost effective.
- Put together a presentation that is very informative about how your product can benefit others then contact organizations, such as your local Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Club, etc., and offer to speak at their monthly meeting. They are always looking for speakers to educate and inform their members.
- Develop a press release announcing something that is currently an important topic that you can attach your information to, and offer a free report that reveals the 5 items that will help them solve this problem. Then send it to your local newspaper and other free area publications.
- Always ask for referrals. Give your business cards to your family members, neighbors, wherever you shop, and ask them to pass out your cards to their patrons, or whomever they cross paths with. Offer an hour of free service or a free product to anyone who refers a client to you.
OK. That’s just a few ways to market your business frugally. I’m sure if you put your mind to it, you can think of others. Let me know in the comments section other ideas that you think of.