Do You Protect Your Customer?

Given some thought I often wondered who do you protect your customer from?

Themselves more than likely.

I remember a story I heard from sales trainer, Zig Zigler a few years ago. He told a story about a bicycle shop owner who refused to sell a bicycle to a grandmother because the child’s legs were too short and his feet couldn’t reach the pedals. The owner felt the bike she wanted for her grandson might prove dangerous to the child.

The grandma left in a huff. You probably appreciate that kind of integrity. But imagine the impact it had on the people in the store who witnessed this non transaction taking place. They also admired the owner’s integrity.

The long term effects of your actions still more than outweigh the short term gain of a few extra bucks.

Anyone agree with me? Have you had similar events happen that you can share with us?

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Do You Protect Your Customer?”

1. David Gerrol says:

Of course. I am in the Long-Term Care insurance business. My job is to protect my clients’ assets and provide them with true peace of mind. These tenets always override my own financial interests.

2. Winnie says:

I am in P&C and my goal is to put the customer first at all times. Part of the reason why I chose the independent route. There are times that it’s best to let intergritty win over a few bucks. Reputation is key and it definitely hinder growth if you choose money over the customer. I believe in word of mouth and that is what grows a business.

3. I think that part of every successful business operation is making certain that the product you are selling fits the need. You would never want to sell someone a pair of shoes that don’t fit. A satisfied customer is the greatest asset that a business can ever have.

4. It should never be just about the sales, money come and go but integrity last a life time. I was working with a company and I quit because the company did not keep their word. Later I had someone approach me about joining the company and I gave her my experience but she joined and later quit because of the same issues; sometime experience is not the best teacher. I feel it is my place to always tell people the truth rather it benefit me or not.

5. Gints says:

Ken, I’m joining the point that for every successful business the product should fit the customer need.

6. As we sell toys we have to be very responsible with age requirements on our products. We have on a few occasions gently guided customers away from a specific products due to the fact their child was too young for it. At the end of the day safety is the most important key and should always come before any profit.

7. el says:

Always best to inform the client/customer. Even better when other customers see you doing this. the purpose is to make a sale to an informed customer. Gain his trust & they will give you business.

8. To me, this seems almost a necessity. I can’t imagine not protecting your customers by not guiding them in the right direction.

9. Saintin1952 says:

Every casino offers a selection of classic gambling games like blackjack, roulette and craps that players have loved for centuries, in addition to plenty of newer favorites like A few Card Poker and Caribbean Stud. Chaga mushroom tea leaf is thought-about any adverse well being elixir at Spain, Siberia and lots of n . I wished I could analyze each and every post, but i have to go back to work now… I get pleasure from seeing web sites that comprehend the worth of giving a prime resource at no cost of charge.

10. Iron says:

Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea Financial

11. Thanks a lot for the blog article.Thanks Again. Really Great.

12. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

13. Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.